Code of Conduct
All weapons have been inspected and are padded. Each contestant is required to wear a Catchers Mask.
1. Be careful – the weapons are padded, but can still hurt! (They’re not baseball bats!)
2. Do not hit anyone in the head unless they’re wearing head gear. If a hit to the head is excessively hard, you may be penalized. (This is a judgment call by the referee.) Please try to avoid the face.
3. Do not hit trees, concrete, buildings, etc. – the padding will rip and tear.
4. No deliberate tripping.
5. No crotch shots.
6. No excessive charging. (The goal is to score points, not inflict pain.)
7. No excessive retreating out-of-bounds. One warning only. Subsequent violations will cost points.
8. Points are awarded by the referees only.
9. Points work as follows:
10. When a ref sees a point, he will announce it out loud. Disengage when you hear the ref.
11. In the case of a barrage of blows, the fighters will be disengaged and restarted. The referees will decide whether or not the first blow was clear enough for any points.
12. At the first sign of tempers getting out of control, a warning will be given. Further incidents will result in dismissal from the duel.
13. Always end every duel with a handshake.